Monday, November 22, 2010

Short film: Grass between my lips

There was a whole period a couple of years ago when female genital mutilation was a hot topic so we had some attention in the media on the topic. Movies like Lost Maiden were made , a very good movie actually. Check it out if you have not. Around that time, this short film by Ghanaian filmaker Leila Djansi was released. While I had heard of Leila for reasons I will not go into here, I had never seen her work. Let me just say that I was blown away. She is making longer movies now, which I will definitely be talking about on this blog for sure - assuming she keeps up with this standard of filmmaking.

Just a little bit about the short:
Cast: Angela Sarfo Ababio, Ernest Adjey Doateng, Abi Adatsi, Nathaniel Banini and Emanual Armah.

Producer: Leila Djansi

You can check out the synopsis of the film on the website here. Apparently you can buy a dvd there too. Great stuff!
Alright, check out the movie itself:



Grass between My lips from filmmaker on Vimeo.




Excellent filmmaking no? Leila is also made "I sing of a well", which I hyped here but have not seen. I hope to see and review it before the end of the year.

I know that I will be featuring a lot of Leila's work here. I can smell high standards all over her output. Enjoy the short film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

This website is devoted to fans of African movies who want to know which ones are worth watching. We only review above average movies on this site. The purpose is to give props to the actors, producers and directors who have squeezed water out of rocks and created decent entertainment against all odds. If you want to review a movie for us, please email moviemadam@gmail.com. We would be happy to feature all good african film, regardless of age, or origin. Thanks for stopping by

sitemeter